11-07-10 Request filed with US Congress for impeachment of US Attorney, Central District of California, ANDRE’ BIROTTE, Jr, for tolerating racketeering by California judges, attorneys, and others // Extorsión por parte de jueces en California // 敲诈勒索通过在加利福尼亚州的法官
US Attorney Birotte effectively patronizes the LA-JR (alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket). The two main forms of alleged racketeering are large scale false imprisonment, to cover up drug trading by law enforcement, and financial and real estate fraud. Corruption of the California courts was noted in 2010 by the United Nations, but the US government continues to refuse to perform its duties and obligations. Conditions in Los Angeles County are a Human Rights disgrace of historic proportions. Corruption of the justice system is also a central cause of the current financial/economic crisis.
Andre’ Birotte, Jr
US Attorney, Central District of California
Jacqueline Connor, Judge John Clarke, Clerk
Central figures in the LA-JR (Alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket)
Los Angeles, July 10 – Joseph Zernik, PhD, of Human Rights Alert (NGO) has filed with the US Congress a request for the impeachment of Andre’ Birotte, US Attorney for the Central District of California. [[i]] The request originates in Birotte’s refusal to accord the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County Equal Protection in view of overwhelming evidence of racketeering by California judges, attorneys, and others. [[ii]]
“US Attorney Birotte effectively patronizes the LA-JR,” says Dr Zernik, “The US government has lost control over Los Angeles County, California, for at least two decades.”
The request is also part of the ongoing dialogue with the United States government in the wake of the 2010 UPR (Universal Periodic Review) of Human Rights in the United States by the United Nations, which noted “Corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.”
The US government lost control of Los Angeles County, California, to the LA-JR at least two decades ago
The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, is the largest county court in the United States.
The evidence of racketeering by judges of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, is indisputable. The two main forms are:
· In the criminal courts – large scale false imprisonment, to cover up drug trading by law enforcement, and
· In the civil courts – financial and real estate fraud through collusion of judges, attorneys, and financial institutions under the guise of cases of simulated litigation in the Court. [[iii]]
· FREDERIC BENNETT, Court Counsel – central figure in the operation of secretive corporations, controlled by the judges, which have been reported for over a decade; [[v]]
· JOHN A CLARKE, Clerk of the Court – allows the conduct of simulated litigation in numerous cases of the Court and routine fraud in court records; [[vi]]
· JACQUELINE CONNOR, California Judge – central figure in the Rampart scandal and its cover up.
Others, who should be considered as prominent figures in the alleged racket are:
· SANDOR SAMUELS, Attorney, former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide and former Associate General Counsel of Bank of America;
· DAVID PASTERNAK, Attorney, former President of the Los Angeles County Bar Association – key figure in numerous cases of real estate fraud.
A long history corruption
The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, is the largest county court in the United States.
The evidence of racketeering by judges of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, is indisputable:
· In 1998-2000, the Rampart corruption scandal was described as the largest case of court corruption in the history of the United States. The false imprisonment of thousands, almost exclusively black and Latinos was documented – the Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons). [[vii]]
· In 2001, in the wake of the Rampart Scandal, legal scholars reported:
“…judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit.” [[viii]]
“This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states… and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted.” [[ix]]
· In 2001-2009, under the Bush administration, an “Overseer for Civil Rights” was appointed. Los Angeles shared the distinction with Guantanamo Bay and the California prisons. However, in retrospect, conduct of the “Overseer” should be deemed a fig leaf. There is no evidence that he affected the release of even a single one of the Rampart-FIPs.
· By 2004, Los Angeles County was described in FBI reports as:
“The epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud”.
It was the epidemic that eventually resulted in the current financial crisis.
· In 2006, the Blue Ribbon Review Panel report concluded:
“Innocent people remain in prison”
“…the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of…” [[x]]
The Report also documented that the judges of the Los Angeles Court objected to the release of the Rampart-FIPs, since it would cause “collapse of the justice system”.
“investigation should be immediately instituted”.
· Moreover, the same FBI veteran documented that FBI agreed with him on the matter, but refused to take action, because of the widespread corruption of the California judges underlying the case. [[xii]]
· In 2008 (?), under the Bush administration the Public Corruption and Civil Rights Unit in the US Attorney’s office was dismantled.
· From March 2009 to September 2010, former US prosecutor Richard Fine was held in solitary confinement in Los Angeles County, after exposing the taking by all judges of the Court of “not permitted” payments, described by media as “bribes”. No warrant was ever issued for his arrest, and not judgment or sentencing were ever entered in his case. Instead, he was held under false and deliberately misleading records, stating that he was arrested on location and by authority of the non-existent “Municipal Court of San Pedro”. [[xiii]]
· In 2009, exposure of the “bribes” required the signing of dubious “retroactive immunities” (called by media “pardons”) to all such judges.
· In 2010, the Public Corruption and Civil Rights Unit in the US Attorney’s office was re-established, under pressure from Senator Dianne Feinstein, according to media reports.
· In 2010, based on review of the evidence, the Human Rights Council Staff Report referred to: [[xiv]]
“Corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.”
· Following the reestablishment of the Public Corruption and Civil Rights Unit, numerous complaints have been filed with the US Attorney’s office, documenting racketeering by judges, attorneys and others. The office of Mr Birotte has failed to respond. There is no evidence that the complaints have ever been logged as such, investigated, or acted upon in any way whatsoever. [[xv]]
A call for action by the United States Congress
The request called upon the US Congress to perform its duties in view of corruption of the Los Angeles Superior Court, and conditions in the County amount to a Human Rights disgrace of historic proportions.
The request noted:
· The duties and obligations of the US government in international law and as follow up on the 2010 UPR (Universal Periodic Review) of Human Rights in the United States by the United Nations, and
· The central role of corruption of the justice system in the current financial/ economic crisis.
The request was copied to the United Nations Human Rights Council and the US State Department, UPR office.
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Flag Counter: 119
Total Reads: 494,060
Total Item Views: 408,338
[i] 11-07-10 Request for impeachment of US Attorney, Central District of California, ANDRE’ BIROTTE, Jr, for tolerating racketeering by California judges, attorneys, and others.
[ii] 11-01-07 Superior Court of Los Angeles County, California: Widespread Public Corruption and Refusal of US Department of Justice to Take Action
[iii] Simulated Litigation here refers to cases, where the evidence shows conduct defined in the Texas Criminal Code as follows:
Texas Penal Code §32.48. SIMULATING LEGAL PROCESS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person recklessly causes to be delivered to another any document that simulates a summons, complaint, judgment, or other court process with the intent to:
(1) induce payment of a claim from another person; or
(2) cause another to:
(A) submit to the putative authority of the document; or
(B) take any action or refrain from taking any action in response to the document, in compliance with the document, or on the basis of the document.
(b) Proof that the document was mailed to any person with the intent that it be forwarded to the intended recipient is a sufficient showing that the document was delivered.
The practice is widespread in both the state and US courts at all levels.
[iv] 10-10-15 Proposed Organizational Chart of the LA-JR (alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket)
[v] Regarding financial mismanagement and corporations held by the judges of the Los Angeles Superior Court, see [i], above.
[vi] Regarding fraud in Sustain, the case management system of the Los Angeles Superior Court, see:
09-04-20 Prof Eliyahu Shamir’s Opinion Letter re: Sustain – the Case Management System of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
09-04-20 Prof Eli Shamir, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, directory information
[vii] 09-12-17-Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) – Review
[viii] Burcham, DW and Fisk, CL: Policing the Justice System, in: Symposium, The Rampart Scandal: Policing the Criminal Justice System, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review34:537 (2001)
[ix] Chemerinsky, E: The Rampart Scandal and the Criminal Justice System in Los Angeles County. Guild Practitioner, 57:121 (2001)
[x] LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
[xi] 07-12-17 Opinion letter of FBI veteran, fraud expert James Wedick
[xii] 08-08-21 Email letter by highly decorated FBI veteran James Wedick regarding FBI’s refusal to provide equal protection in view of widespread corruption of judges of the Superior Court.
[xiii] 11-04-23 Habeas Corpus in the United States – the case of Richard Isaac Fine
[xiv] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to “corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California”.
[xv] Complaints filed with the US Attorney Office, Central District of California, both before and after the reestablishment of the Public Corruption and Civil Rights Unit:
10-05-21 Complaint Filed with FBI Against Maria McLaurin Bank of America [NYSE:BAC], Convicted Felon and “Loan Originator” Jae Arre Lloyd and Nivie Samaan.
10-05-22 FBI complaint against Michael Libow and Gail Hershowitz both of Beverly Hills California for conspiracy of real estate fraud and extortion
10-05-23 USC Credit Union FBI complaint for fraud and extortion against Vice President Christine Schwarz President Gary Perez
10-06-21 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Complaint against David Pasternak – for Public Corruption and Deprivation of Civil Rights under the Color of Law Pursuant to US Law, and Deprivation of Human Rights Pursuant to Ratified International Law:
10-06-28 Complaint against Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Superior Court – for public corruption, deprivation of civil rights under the color of law, and deprivation of human rights through large-scale false imprisonments, including, but not limited to the ongoing imprisonment of the Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Person).
10-07-04 Fine v Sheriff of Los Angeles County (2:09-cv-01914) Complaint against Attorney Kevin McCormick and the California Judicial Council, Chaired by California Chief Justice Ronald George – for public corruption, deprivation of civil rights under the color of law – Pertaining to Habeas Corpus Petition of 70 Year Old Former US Prosecutor Richard Fine.
10-07-06 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Complaint against Brian Moynihan, Bank of America, and Attorneys Jenna Moldawsky and John
Amberg – for public corruption and financial institution fraud, relative to their conduct in at the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles:
10-07-07 Marina Strand Colony II Homeowners Assn vs County of LA (BS109420) – Complaint against Judge David Yaffe, Los Angeles Superior Court, and Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca and others – for Public Corruption and Deprivation of Rights:
10-07-12 Zernik v Connor et al (2:08-cv-01550) Complaint against US Magistrate Carla Woehrle and others at the US District Court, Central District of California – for Public Corruption and Deprivation of Rights:
10-07-16 Sturgeon v Los Angeles County (BC351286) Complaint for Public Corruption against James A Richman – Justice of California Court of Appeals, Charles McCoy – Presiding Judge, and John A Clarke – Clerk, of the Los Angeles Superior Court in RE: Conduct of pretense litigation:
10-07-18 Galdjie v Darwish (SC052737) Complaint for Public Corruption against John Segal – Judge, John A Clarke – Clerk, Attorney David Pasternak and others at the Los Angeles Superior Court, RE: Conduct of pretense litigation – alleged real estate fraud by the Court.
10-07-19 Complaint filed with US Attorney Office against Judge John Segal, Clerk John Clarke, Attorney David Pasternak Los Angeles Superior Court for public corruption, racketeering in re: Galdjie v Darwish
10-07-22 Galdjie v Darwish (SC052737) – Complaint for Public Corruption against Justices and the Clerk of the California Court of Appeal, 2nd District, RE: Conduct of three pretense appeals – alleged real estate fraud and racketeering by the Courts.
10-08-09 Complaint for Public Corruption and racketeering against Judge Jacqueline Connor and Others at both the Civil and Criminal Divisions of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
10-08-13 RE: Karimi v Mithawaila (BD518503) – Complaint against Attorney David Pasternak and the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, for public corruption and racketeering in pretense receiverships at the Court.
10-08-19 Shepard Investments v Krage (09C03210) at the Los Angeles Superior Court – Additional Evidence of Racketeering
10-08-22 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) – Complaint against former Judge Patricia Collins, Judge Lisa Hart-Cole, Attorney David Pasternak, Old Republic International (NYSE:ORI) and others – for public corruption and racketeering by judges, financial institutions, and large law-firms in pretense proceedings at the Court.
10-10-13 High level financial management fraud at the Los Angeles Superior Court, Sheriff’s
Department – A call for action by US law enforcement
10-11-06 Hanassab v Hanassab (BD478923) California Attorneys Subjected to Extortion by ‘Corrupt Courts’ – a Legal Ethics Question
11-03-20 PRESS RELEASE: Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) – Bank of America Continues Racketeering in the Los Angeles Superior Court
11-04-08 US Attorney Office and FBI Complaint against California Judge Peter Meeka, Clerk John Clarke, BofA and its President Brian Moynihan – Public Corruption and Racketeering in Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379)
11-04-08 PRESS RELEASE: Complaint filed against California Judge Peter Meeka, Clerk of the Court John A Clarke, Bank of America and its President Brian Moynihan, and Attorney Mark Asdourian – for Public Corruption and Racketeering